poi-user mailing list archives

From Tan Pei Leng <PeiLeng....@Ing.com.my>
Subject HSSF User Model
Date Thu, 08 May 2003 09:26:08 GMT
Hi,

            Basically, I have tried out to use HSSF Objects to read workbook
data. HSSFCell obj functions that I have tried are as listed below:

1.         getStringCellValue

2.         getNumericCellValue

3.         getBooleanCellValue

Those funcs are working fine. I have a few questions as below:

1.         Could the HSSFCell 's "getSheet(String sheetname)" take the
sheetname as non-casesensitive? (I have tried this func, its sheetname is
case-sensitive. Is there any func like getSheet that takes non-casesensitive
parameter.

2.         I have problem to read cells that have formula (=xxx) and date
value.  Are there any POI API to solve this problem? Appreciate if example
is given.

3.         Is there any function that can be used to get whatever value
displayed in a cell, where the func does not matter whether the cell is
using String, numeric, formula or date value.

Thank you very much.

regards,
Tan Pei Leng

ING Insurance Berhad/IT&S
Menara ING, 84, Jalan Raja Chulan,
P.O. Box 10846, 50927 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
T: 21617255 ext 2980 F:27327677
E: peileng.Tan@inginsurance.com.my <mailto:peileng.Tan@inginsurance.com.my>

DISCLAIMER: The information in this Internet email is confidential and may
be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to
this Internet email by anyone else is unauthorised. If you are not the
unlawful. When addressed to our clients any opinions or advice contained in
this Internet email are subject to the terms and conditions expressed in any
applicable governing ING Insurance Bhd terms of business or client
engagement letter.