poi-user mailing list archives

From "Shailesh Ligade" <shailesh.lig...@defensesys.com>
Subject RE: adding a speadsheet
Date Thu, 29 May 2003 15:02:23 GMT
Thanks Ethan,

I don't have any problem doing this, but I have functions which are
returning just sheet (more than one) and now I need to create workbook
and add those sheets to it. That is where I have problem.

Shailesh

-----Original Message-----
From: Knepp, Ethan [mailto:eKnepp@c-cor.net]
Sent: Thursday, May 29, 2003 10:35 AM
To: 'POI Users List'
Subject: RE: adding a speadsheet

Shailesh,

Below is the order in which I create a new workbook and add a sheet to
it...

// create the output stream for the workbook
FileOutputStream out = new FileOutputStream(ssLocation + ssName);

// create a new workbook
HSSFWorkbook wb = new HSSFWorkbook();

// create a new sheet
HSSFSheet sheet = wb.createSheet();

After you create the sheet you can add rows and cells to it.

Check the following link for a good examples:
http://jakarta.apache.org/poi/hssf/quick-guide.html

Hope this helps.
-Ethan