poi-user mailing list archives

From "Nate" <nmcm...@charter.net>
Subject Re: Streaming XLS file to screen
Date Mon, 14 Apr 2003 14:55:02 GMT
If this is being done through a web application, simply get the output
stream to the browser, write the constructed excel document out.  Oh, and
make sure that you set the content type to application/octet-stream (or
alternately, if you want it to open in the browser for MS users, set the
content type to application/vnd.ms-excel)

--Nathan McMinn

----- Original Message -----
From: "Lior Shliechkorn" <liorshliech@yahoo.com>
To: "Poi" <poi-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, April 14, 2003 9:48 AM
Subject: Streaming XLS file to screen

> hello, I would like to be able to have the user save the file on their
system by outputting it to the screen, and not saving it to my disk after it
has been generated. I'm using POI to generate reports for Excel users, and
would like to not have to save the file to my disk first and then have the
users be able to access it. Is there a way to have a pop up to ask them to
open or save as so that it all happens on the user end?  Thank you very much
for your time,Lior