poi-user mailing list archives

From "Andrew C. Oliver" <acoli...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Problem Reading Excel File
Date Fri, 14 Mar 2003 12:16:41 GMT

>Can anybody help me in this.

Start by using org.apache.poi.hssf.dev.BiffViewer on the file prior to
being run under HSSF and again after.  Redirect the output from both to
files.  Diff the files (I use the unix diff, on windows I use cygwin's
version of the unix diff).

It helps to have the "Excel 97 developer's kit" (out of print but still
available used) and then you can more easily identify the records that
are "Unknown".

Or if you don't want to do it yourself you can attach the files in
bugzilla per the "getinvolved.html" page and wait for someone else to do
it.  Or you can contract one of the vendors whom support POI to do it
for you.

-Andy