poi-user mailing list archives

From Qgh Rohgy <questan...@yahoo.com>
Subject Use of HSSF for Excel interface with Database?
Date Sat, 15 Mar 2003 02:22:46 GMT
Hello,

I have a project which need an excel interface for the
users to create/update/delete multiple records in the
database tables.

Could I use POI HSSF API for this purpose?

I went through the API and realized that there is no
easy way to do so. Unless I find the value of each
Cell in the Excel file.

Example :-

Date   Amount
3/13    20
3/14    25
3/12    15
3/13    10

I have 2 columns in my XLS file
Date and Amount.

I want to update values in my Database of rows whose
Date is greater than 3/12.

Is there an efficent way of querying this in HSSF and
then updating the Db table?

Is it possible? How should I do it?

Is there any other API that I could use?

Thanks in advance,
qgh