poi-user mailing list archives

From Joshua Davis <joshua.da...@kiodex.com>
Subject Formatting questions
Date Thu, 06 Mar 2003 23:59:19 GMT
I am using POI to generate Excel spreadsheets from a J2EE application, and I
had some questions about formatting and dates.

1) I'm using 1.5.1 final, and it appears that this release does not support
'user defined' data formats.  Is this the case?  If so, when will there be a
new release that supports user defined formats?  Should I build a newer
version from CVS?

2) When setting the value of a cell to a java.util.Date object, the
resulting spreadsheet appears as if it is in a particular time zone (not
GMT).  Is there some way to let the HSSF code know about the time zone?

3) Is there any way to set the ordering of the worksheets within a workbook,
after they have been created?

Disclaimer: This e-mail may contain confidential and privileged material for
the sole use of the intended recipient(s).  If you are not the intended
recipient (or authorized to receive this e-mail for the recipient), please
note that review, use, distribution or disclosure of any part of this e-mail
is strictly prohibited, except that you should please contact the sender or
notify Kiodex, Inc. at notices@kiodex.com that you have received this
message in error, and delete all copies of the message.  This e-mail and any
attachments hereto are the property of Kiodex, Inc. and/or its relevant
affiliate, and are not intended to be an offer or an acceptance, and do not
create or evidence a binding and enforceable contract between Kiodex, Inc.
or any of its affiliates and the intended recipient or any other party, and
may not be relied on by anyone as the basis of a contract by estoppel or
otherwise.