poi-user mailing list archives

From "Harsh" <hubri...@nimaya.com>
Subject Problem Reading Excel File
Date Fri, 14 Mar 2003 05:47:21 GMT
Hi the Most Active and Responsive Group,

            I have noticed some limitation with POI , while Writing . I
wanted to know , is there any fault with my code
Or is it limitation of POI itself. I am using POI 1.1.9 Version with
JDK 1.3 on Win'2000.

Basically , My aim is
1.       Read from one excel file
2.       Modify some fields
3.       Create a new excel file and write whole content in new excel
file

But Writing fails for Following conditions. I mean I can't open New
generated Excel File. It gives
Can't Read Error.

1.       If my original Excel File has COMMENTS
2.       If my original Excel File has AutoShapes (Sqares, Rectangles
drawn using Autoshape Toolbar)
3.       If my original Excel File has Buttons with Macros.

Can anybody help me in this.
Thanks,
Harsh Ubriani
Nimaya Technologies, Hyderabad