poi-user mailing list archives

From "Harsh" <hubri...@nimaya.com>
Subject RE: Problem reading "AB.CD.E" as a string
Date Sat, 08 Mar 2003 11:29:50 GMT

I suggest you one Thing.
Use cell.getFormulaValue() which will return you Formula "=B9".

Now you can use JSC (Formula Calculator for Excel) to get
The result of formula whichis "AB.CD.E".

Tell me if you need more details,
Harsh Ubriani
Nimaya Technologies, Hyderabad

-----Original Message-----
From: Kenneth Cheung [mailto:kenneth_cheung@scotiacapital.com]
Sent: Friday, March 07, 2003 8:49 PM
To: poi-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Problem reading "AB.CD.E" as a string

Suppose in cell B9 I have a string "AB.CD.E" and in cell B10, I have

While I have no problem getting the string in B9 using
cell.getStringCellValue( ), I get a null if I try to read the value of

Now, if I use cell.getNumericCellValue( ) I get "NaN"  (not a number?)

I'm using Dev version 1.8.0 running on Solaris w/ JDK 1.3

Any help would be greatly appreciated.