poi-user mailing list archives

From Eric Hsiung <Er...@BodyMedia.Com>
Subject RE: Reading XLS via ODBC - SQLException
Date Wed, 05 Feb 2003 18:13:08 GMT
> I'm sorry Eric, I just created an Excel '97 spreadsheet and
> it still had
> this error.
>
> I used the 5/4/2001 drivers so maybe they have a newer version to
> correct this but in the meantime you have a workaround.
>
> danny

Sorry, I don't understand. You created the spreadsheet using
Excel or Poi?

My ODBC Excel driver is from 7/22/2002 but I don't think
it is an ODBC issue. Well, not directly. There is something
about the Poi-generated XLS file that is tripping up ODBC.
If I load the Poi-generated file directly into Excel and save
it, then my test program works fine.

Eric