poi-user mailing list archives

From "DRINKARD, JAMES E (SBCSI)" <jd4...@sbc.com>
Subject RE: Can't open Workbook
Date Fri, 14 Feb 2003 14:07:29 GMT
Can you show us the code so we can see what you are trying to do? I've
gotten a similar i/o error when I have the file open in Excel and I'm trying
to overwrite it in my program, but the no such entry isn't there: workbook
doesn't show up. Maybe you aren't creating and referencing your Excel
objects properly.

-----Original Message-----
From: Colin Mangiagalli [mailto:colin@camara.co.za]
Sent: Friday, February 14, 2003 4:00 AM
To: poi-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Can't open Workbook

Hi there

I am getting the following error (see below) with a certain excel file when
try to open it. Can someone perhaps tell me what is wrong with the
excel file or how I can open this file to read it.

Excel opens it just fine.

Thanks
Colin

java.io.FileNotFoundException: no such entry: "Workbook"

org.apache.poi.poifs.filesystem.Entry org.apache.poi.poifs.filesystem.
  DirectoryNode.getEntry(java.lang.String) DirectoryNode.java:282

org.apache.poi.poifs.filesystem.DocumentInputStream
org.apache.poi.poifs.filesystem.
  POIFSFileSystem.createDocumentInputStream(java.lang.String)
POIFSFileSystem.java:356

void org.apache.poi.hssf.usermodel.HSSFWorkbook.<init>(org.apache.poi.poifs.
  filesystem.POIFSFileSystem) HSSFWorkbook.java:139