poi-user mailing list archives

From Qgh Rohgy <questan...@yahoo.com>
Subject Question about Emailing Excel file(.xls) from browser
Date Tue, 04 Feb 2003 23:15:48 GMT
Hello,

Kindly Let me know if this is feasible :-

I am displaying data from a Database table on the
browser in an excel format.
i.e by setting
response.setContentType("application/msexcel");

Once the User is OK with the data he has got, he wants
the same to be emailed to him in an excel sheet format
(i.e xls file).

My Question :-

Is it possible for me to get the excel file .xls from
the data displayed on the browser(which is also in
excel format).??

I know that if I set the
response.setContentType("application/vnd.ms-excel");
I can give user the option to save or open the excel
file.

I do not want the user to save the file directly. The
file needs to be emailed to him along with some other
files.

Hence, again, my question is - is it possible to write
to an excel file directly from the browser excel
format.
How could this be done?

Thanks much,
qgh