poi-user mailing list archives

From Raghuveer Rao <raghuveer_...@yahoo.com>
Subject Preserving Leading Zero
Date Mon, 03 Feb 2003 21:34:00 GMT
I have a column in a spreadsheet which stores
zipcodes.
Some zip codes start with zero. I need to store them
as is. There will be no arithmetic performed on these
columns and I want to store them as Text. If I use
CELL_TYPE_STRING the data is stored as type general.
So i went in and edited these cells then I loose the
leading zeros. Is there a reliable way of preserving
leading zeros.

I saw some threads here saying that this could be
achived with some special formats. Can someone post an
example.

Thanks
Raghu