poi-user mailing list archives

From Chris McNeilly <cmcnei...@smartbrief.com>
Subject Re: Cannot save Excel file
Date Thu, 06 Feb 2003 16:34:31 GMT
None of the tips helped me, unfortunately.

A: Your problems are one of two issues:

> 1.  Outputting the binary file from the JSP page is getting crud in it
> (like spaces, linefeeds, etc).
> 	Soulution: servlet
> 	Outputting binary files from JSPs is a BAD BAD BAD idea.

This is happening earlier than the outputting.  This is while modifying
the Workbook.  Specifically, the only action that I cannot perform is
inserting rows.  I can modify cells (I am modifying a template, not
creating a workbook from scratch) and write the file back out
successfully.  It's only when I attempt to insert a row that this fails.

> 2. You're not using a recent nightly build and hence the encoding
> problem is here. Meaning you need
> 	Solution: specify the file.encoding to be iso-8859-1 via java
> -Dfile.encoding=ISO-8859-1
>	Solution: use a recent nightly build

I have tried this with various versions all the way up to last night's
nightly build.

Do you have any other thoughts?

Thanks,

Chris