poi-user mailing list archives

From "Kendall Coolidge" <Kendall.Cooli...@ccbai.com>
Subject RE: Problem opening .xls in Win98/Excel 97 (Excel page fault)
Date Fri, 24 Jan 2003 21:13:57 GMT
Hi Vic and Shail,

I did find the problem.  (I think, at least what I did fixed it.)

I was creating a cell style that apparently is invalid in Excel97:

		HSSFCellStyle csDate3 = wb.createCellStyle();
		csDate3.setDataFormat(HSSFDataFormat.getFormat("m/yy"));

When I found it didn't give me the format I wanted, I left the code in
place, but didn't apply the style (csDate3) to any cell.  Bad idea!

When I commented it out, everything worked.  I believe it was in POI
1.5.1.  It only happened in Excel 97

Hope this helps!
Kendall

-----Original Message-----
From: Victor LaLoggia [mailto:Victor.LaLoggia@IntraSphere.com]
Sent: Friday, January 24, 2003 2:41 PM
To: POI Users List
Subject: RE: Problem opening .xls in Win98/Excel 97 (Excel page fault)

Hey Kendall;

	This is what I am doing and it seems to work :

HttpSession theSession = request.getSession(false);
HSSFWorkbook wb =
HSSFWorkbook)theSession.getAttribute(RoyaltyManagementConstants.EXCEL_DU
MP);
response.setContentType("application/vnd.ms-excel");
ServletOutputStream os = response.getOutputStream();
wb.write(os);
os.flush();
os.close();

	Let me know if it works!