poi-user mailing list archives

From "Suarez, David" <david_sua...@medcohealth.com>
Subject large spreadsheet with small memory footprint
Date Tue, 31 Dec 2002 19:56:08 GMT
            I need to create a large spreadsheet but I am limited to amount
of memory allocated to JVM.

            If I execute the application with java setting of "-Xms128M
-Xmx512M", it successfully creates 60,000 row spreadsheet with 20 columns,
total spreadsheet file is 20meg.  The Unix administrator is restricting the
JVM to maximum of 256meg of heapsize.  I only need to write(create) the
spreadsheet(reading is not a requirement).

      So how do I create a large spreadsheet with small memory footprint ?