poi-user mailing list archives

From "Richard S. Huntrods" <huntr...@nucleus.com>
Subject RE: Question concerning Excel Filters and POI...
Date Mon, 23 Dec 2002 18:04:04 GMT

>Unfortunately, the template idea will not work.
>> Data/Filter/Autofilter
>> must have data in the cell before you can apply it.  You cannot apply
>> the autofilter to an empty cell in a template. Therefore, I
>> must still
>> create the spreadsheet from scratch, then apply the autofilter.
>

>So put dummy data in the cell in the template. You're going to overwrite
>it anyway.

Well, I tried that last night. I have and example (from the POI
archives) that writes a spreadsheet, or copies an existing spreadsheet,
or modifies an existing spreadsheet. It all works fine. However, when I
edited (using excel) a spreadsheet and added the autofilter as per my
requirements, the POI "spreadsheet copy" function produced something
that excel cannot open. It appears the autofilter is not something
currently supported by POI.

Oh well. <sigh> I built a one-button macro to do the job in "post
processing" instead.

-R