poi-general mailing list archives

From Nick Burch <apa...@gagravarr.org>
Subject Re: POI Quick Guide - Drawing Borders correction
Date Thu, 22 Jun 2017 22:33:38 GMT
On Thu, 22 Jun 2017, Javen O'Neal wrote:
> We'd need some markers in the Java files to indicate the first and last
> line that should be copied (probably want to exclude the ASL 2.0,
> imports, supporting code to make the example compile (open a workbook,
> get a sheet, row and cell, then operate on the cell to show how cell
> styles work) and any other boiler plate.
>
> This probably is beyond what Forrest 0.6 was designed to do...

It's possible with Maven ant APT files, it's how Apache Tika does their
examples, eg
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tika/site/src/site/apt/1.15/examples.apt
%{include|source=src/examples-src/main/java/org/apache/tika/example/ParsingExample.java|snippet=aj:..parseExample()|show-gutter=false}

Not sure if that's possible in Apache Forrest or not. Probably not worth
changing anything for it for now, Infra are apparently about to roll out a
new nicer site publishing thing soon, which we might be able to swap to to
get this + other improvements

Nick