poi-general mailing list archives

From Svante Schubert <svante.schub...@gmail.com>
Subject ApacheCon Europe BoFs on office document formats
Date Fri, 09 Sep 2016 12:13:48 GMT
Hi,

I would like to initiate a Birds-of-a-Feather session (BoFs) at the
upcoming Apache Conference Europe (Sevilla, Spain November 16-18) on office
document formats.
Where your project might/should take a major role. I am working on the
Apache ODF Toolkit (Incubating) project and the ODF standardization at
OASIS.

Such a meeting would be a great opportunity to meet parties interested
in office document formats in person.

Especially I am interested to meet up with members of your project people

   1. Give a very quick presentation on the introduction of the ODF
   Toolkit, while some of your POI people could do similar.
   2. Talk about a new document collaboration approach and how you might
   adopt it for MS formats, see
   https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ODFTOOLKIT-441 I might give a
   quick presentation as well.
   3. Discuss a potential merger with our incubating project (we might of
   course come to yours), combining all office formats in a single Apache
   project, ending our incubating status.

Sorry for the late notice. Today is the last submission day, but I guess
the details of the BOFs might be arranged still later, even shortly before
the session or we vote during the session.

Nevertheless, if someone is interested to give a short talk, I will add
her/him as additional speaker as long I am able to edit the proposal.

What do you think?

Kind regards,
Svante

PS: Due to today's deadline I will submit the BoFs proposal, but I am happy
to give any of you the leading role.
ᐧ