poi-dev mailing list archives

From Dominik Stadler <dominik.stad...@gmx.at>
Subject Re: Failing gump tests
Date Sun, 04 Feb 2018 13:11:12 GMT
Hi,

In general Gump tries to build Apache projects against the latest trunk
versions of all the dependencies, i.e. trunk of commons-*, trunk of ant,
... The idea is to show newly introduced incompatibilities as early as
possible.

Unfortunately the build-configuration of Gump is a bit complicated to
adjust, it relies on some Maven magic to inject the newer files, I have an
installation locally that I used to adjust some small things and can take a
look at the new dependencies if necessary. However it's overall usefulness
is questionable for me, so we could also decide to quit using it and get
rid of this additional hassle each time we add dependencies as we very
rarely detect issues through it at all.

How about a quick vote? Does anybody think we should keep using it for
Apache POI or stop? Let's vote if we should stop using it:

Please vote +1 if you are in favor of discontinuing it's use. -1 if you
think it is useful and should kept operational for Apache POI

I am +1 to stop using the Gump-Service.

Thanks... Dominik.