poi-dev mailing list archives

From "pj.fanning" <fannin...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: publishing poi xmlbeans jars
Date Wed, 28 Feb 2018 21:57:34 GMT
1. For users whose only dependency on xmlbeans is from poi then, we can
choose to override the dependency to point to any maven artifact we like:
http://central.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/poi/poi-ooxml-schemas/3.17/poi-ooxml-schemas-3.17.pom

2. For users, who use xmlbeans but not poi, they can choose to use our
poi-xmlbeans or my existing fork.

3. In the (presumably rare) case where users have a dependency on poi and an
independent dependency on  xmlbeans, they may need to do some build
scripting to exclude one version of xmlbeans over another.

In theory, we can avoid this, by renaming the java package in our fork of
xmlbeans. This is probably the tidiest course of action.
We would need to rebuild ooxml-schemas.jar using the new jar with the new
package names.

--
Sent from: http://apache-poi.1045710.n5.nabble.com/POI-Dev-f2312866.html