poi-dev mailing list archives

From "Allison, Timothy B." <talli...@mitre.org>
Subject RE: classloading xsbs for pptx
Date Tue, 28 Nov 2017 21:32:26 GMT
+1  Thank you.

We're about to start the release process for Tika 1.17.  Is there a way to fix this within
Tika for now?

POIXMLTypeLoader.setClassLoader(x) is deprecated and in fact does nothing in POI-3.17.

See also SOLR-11693, where I ask for help w classloading in Solr.

The frustrating thing is that I can reproduce this with standalone Solr, but I can't reproduce
it programmatically with straight Tika or even as a unit test within Solr.

Any and all help is appreciated!  Thank you!

Best,

             Tim

-----Original Message-----
From: Javen O'Neal [mailto:onealj@apache.org]
Sent: Tuesday, November 28, 2017 4:13 PM
To: POI Developers List <dev@poi.apache.org>
Subject: Re: classloading xsbs for pptx

> Should we do this at the Tika level or at the Solr level...or, longer
term, should we do this within POI?

Definitely POI. CTTable is an implementation detail of POI that we should avoid leaking to
outside libraries--even Tika.

On Nov 28, 2017 09:03, "Allison, Timothy B." <tallison@mitre.org> wrote:

All,

  We have a report that Tika's integration with Solr is now failing proper classloading on
a pptx with a CTTable that can't be loaded [1].
The error message suggests doing something like this: POIXMLTypeLoader.
setClassLoader(CTTable.class.getClassLoader()).  Is this the right fix?
Should we do this at the Tika level or at the Solr level...or, longer term, should we do this
within POI?

Thank you!

           Best,

                    Tim