poi-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Woolsey <greg.wool...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: XDDF implementation shared between XSSFChart and XSLFChart
Date Fri, 11 Aug 2017 10:29:57 GMT
I'm all for standardizing the API between modules, however I have a large
amount of code using the current XSSF API, in conjunction with another
library, Vaadin-Spreadsheet.  I'm in the process of submitting a large
change request to that group , adding my features to their product.  They
already are slow to adopt POI updates when APIs have breaking changes.  I'm
worried a large change to 3.17 will disrupt my work there, now that I've
finally got their attention.

I would prefer this wait until 3.18, for purely selfish reasons, as we've
already released a beta for 3.17.

Greg