poi-dev mailing list archives

From Piyush Sharma <ps26...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: GSOC mentee
Date Sat, 01 Apr 2017 16:17:58 GMT
Hello,

I know I was supposed to get back. But I got involved with some other
project actually. I will be making GSOC proposals for that project. But
like I said I am also very much willing to work with Apache POI. Now the
problem is I don't have a plan of action for making a proposal for
implementing the chart functionality. But I am very much sure that if I had
some more time I could have come up with it. I have been very occupied
lately and also because of my on going college exams.
I think I would be able to work my way around Apache POI code without much
friction and that shouldn't be an issue. I have previously also contributed
to Apache DataFu.

Anyway, I was just meaning to ask that would be worthwhile to spend one
proposal on Apache POI without a concrete and very detailed plan of action.
Obviously I can outline how the work should progress in the proposal but I
am, as of now, not very well aware of the specific in depth details. But I
can very definitely come up with something later on. Please let me know, if
I should make a proposal or not.

Also, GSOC or no GSOC, I am very much keen on working with open source and
specifically with Apache POI. So, sooner or later, I can see myself working
on chart functionality with Apache POI. Also, once completely on the
project, I shall of course be staying around for a long time, very long
time with Apache POI.

Looking forward to some reply. Kindly reply as quickly as possible since
deadline for GSOC is on 3rd April, ~2100 hrs (Indian standard Time).

Thank you

Cheers