poi-dev mailing list archives

From "Javen O'Neal" <one...@apache.org>
Subject Re: GSOC mentee
Date Thu, 02 Mar 2017 18:11:04 GMT
Excel Chart support is certainly an area where help is needed, and it's
pretty well sized for one summer worth of effort.

I'd be happy to mentor you with Chart support.

I've haven't looked into GSOC mentor or mentee requirements yet, but I
imagine it includes creating a plan for what you want to accomplish in
terms of skills (subversion/git, creating patches, building, unit tests,
collaboration) and the scope of the changes you will make (chart types,
formula support, pivot charts, rendering to PNG, embedded Excel charts in
Word and PowerPoint, etc).

What are *you* most interested in working on?
Your homework is to outline a few of the Java classes you will be working
with. This will show us that you know how to check out the code, can read
Java, gain a preliminary understanding of the POI package structure, and
have a vision for the direction that POI should be headed.