poi-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Woolsey <greg.wool...@gmail.com>
Subject SUBTOTAL "ignores hidden values" functions
Date Fri, 10 Feb 2017 08:16:27 GMT
These are not yet implemented, I presume because they need to evaluate
auto-filter conditions on cells, and hide rows as needed?

This came up in a conversation with Vaadin over the conditional formatting
work I'm doing.

Anyone have any knowledge of that area, and the existing partial support
for that function?

That function comes up in a lot of example workbooks, and gets used in
table formulas all the time.  Not being able to properly calculate it is
annoying.

It looks to me like it would be something similar to data validation and
conditional formatting, with the simplification that it doesn't involve any
formula evaluation, just static rule definitions and dynamic cell values.

The tricky part is keeping the row hidden state in sync, I suppose.

Would it work to evaluate the function variations just based on whether the
row is hidden or not, and assume if values are changing, someone who cares
is keeping the filter evaluations and row states in sync external to the
function?