poi-dev mailing list archives

From Javen O'Neal <one...@apache.org>
Subject [VOTE] Apache POI 3.16-beta2 release (RC1)
Date Fri, 27 Jan 2017 08:58:15 GMT
Hallo,

I have prepared artifacts for the release of Apache POI 3.16-beta2 (RC1).

Copied from the new summary section in the changelog [1], the most
notable changes in this release are:

- The third-party jar for commons-collections4 is now required for handling of OLE2 properties
- Primitive (experimental) EMF/WMF text extraction support
- Unicode and internationalization improvements

In addition, we have made significant progress in several administrative areas, thanks to
Dominik and Andreas,
- Generating Jenkins continuous integration jobs [2] with a Groovy script
- Continued work on Gradle build system to eventually replace our Ant build system (Ant is
still our official build system)
- JCmpApi to detect intentional (removing features that have been deprecated for at least
2 final releases) and unintentional API breaks (binary and source)
- SonarCube fixes
- fix open file leaks (mostly in unit tests)

 https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/poi/3.16-beta2-RC1/

What to look for?
- verify the artifacts' md5 and sha1 hashes and asc signature. This is
my second POI beta release signed with 8BABDD6C, so you
may need to import it into your keystore.
This key is included in the following KEYS files [3], [4].
It is also be found by searching on [5], [6], or most other PGP key servers.
Steps to verify this are at the end of this email.
- add, remove, or modify notable changes. Updating the release notes does not require rolling
a new release
- run common-crawl test
- run file leak detector
- check for unintentional API breaks with JCmpApi

Please vote [7] to release the artifacts. Please vote 0 if everything
looks good but you did not have time to test the artifacts in a POI
powered application.

The vote stays open for at least 72hrs, 2017-01-31, 23:59 UTC, staying
open until we have analyzed the results of common-crawl.
If no issues are discovered, the planned release announcement date is
Thursday, 2017-02-02.

Javen O'Neal

Steps to verify the build artifacts:
wget https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/poi/KEYS; gpg --import KEYS
gpg --import KEYS
(alternatively,  gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-key 8BABDD6C)
svn checkout https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/poi/3.16-beta2-RC1
cd 3.16-beta2-RC1
find . -name "*.md5" -type f -execdir md5sum -c {} \;
find . -name "*.sha1" -type f -execdir sha1sum -c {} \;
find . -name "*.asc" -exec gpg --no-secmem-warning --verify {} \;

More detailed instructions can be found at
https://poi.apache.org/download.html#verify

[1] https://poi.apache.org/changes.html
[2] https://builds.apache.org/view/POI/
[3] https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/poi/KEYS