poi-dev mailing list archives

From Dominik Stadler <dominik.stad...@gmx.at>
Subject Re: Jenkins build is back to normal : POI-DSL-1.6 #36
Date Fri, 16 Dec 2016 22:03:41 GMT
Hi,

Unfortunately there are differences across the different Jenkins build
slaves. Some do not have the version of Java that we try to use, so
depending on which slave is chosen, sometimes builds fail due to this. This
is visible in the build-output on the Jenkins Job, usually near the bottom.

A while ago the infrastructure team tried to streamline the setup of the
slaves, see e.g.
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INFRA/JDK+Installation+Matrix,
but there are still differences that cause build failures.

Therefore we try to exclude all the incorrectly set up slaves in the
Jenkins Job DSL for the Jenkins jobs, but it seems there are always more
that don't have the correct version of Java. :(

Dominik.