poi-dev mailing list archives

From Andreas Beeker <kiwiwi...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache POI 3.16-beta1 release (RC1)
Date Sun, 13 Nov 2016 13:29:33 GMT
+1

I've copy&paste-checked the signatures, checked the archives for clutter and ran a very
small XSLF test project.

In the release note the "... password ..." line should be replaced by:
- Add support for mixed-length cipher/hashes in password protected files typically used by
Office for Mac
(... I probably should adapt the changelog to ... but we can do this after the release ...)

As we discussed yesterday in IRC, I think it's difficult to distinguish between un-/intentional
API breaks -
if it's possible with the api diff tool, I would simply provide a api-break-report.
It would be cool (, if it's not too large/confusing), to diff against older versions too,
as most users will probably update
from an earlier version.

Andi.