poi-dev mailing list archives

From "Javen O'Neal" <one...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Apache POI 3.15 released
Date Fri, 21 Oct 2016 10:23:24 GMT
I added the major changes from the 3.15 release notes [1] to the
detailed changelog [2] in r1765977 [3].

[1] https://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.lua/poi/release/RELEASE-NOTES.txt
[2] https://poi.apache.org/changes.html
[3] https://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=1765977

We could choose to update the changelog with the major changes when we
announce a release, create the "RELEASE-NOTES-<majorver>.txt" as Nick
suggested, or both.
If we decide that it's a headache maintaining the major changes in two
locations and prefer going with "RELEASE-NOTES-<majorver>.txt", then
we can revert the changes I made to status.xml

In the meantime, what's the best way to retrieve old release notes?
Were they committed to a private or public SVN server? If not, we can
dig through the dev@ email archive for the [VOTE] email, but this
would take longer to extract.