poi-dev mailing list archives

From "jsaunders2011@gmail.com"<jsaunders2...@gmail.com>
Subject How are XSLFParagraphs divided into XSLFTextRuns?
Date Thu, 25 Aug 2016 22:31:17 GMT
I'm using Apache POI to read in a PowerPoint template with predefined variable placeholders(
like #variable 1#) and replace the variable placeholders with a value. I'm iterating through
the XSLFParagraphs on each slide and then iterating through the XSLFTextRuns associated with
each XSLFParagraph. The problem I'm running into is some of the variable placeholders are
being split into multiple XSLFTextRuns for some reason. So, if I have a placeholder such #variable
1#, the first text run might be '#vari' and the next might be 'able 1#'. This makes doing
a find/replace on the placeholder problematic. I'm curious as the how paragraph content is
split into text runs and if there is anything I can do to prevent my variable placeholders
from be split into multiple text runs.

        - Josh S.