poi-dev mailing list archives

From Andreas Beeker <kiwiwi...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Fwd: Re: xmlbeans successor
Date Mon, 02 May 2016 21:47:16 GMT
On 02.05.2016 23:11, Nick Burch wrote:
> On Mon, 2 May 2016, Andreas Beeker wrote:
>> - Jaxb (gpl licensed/not working on android)
>
> Isn't it dual GPL/CDDL 1.1? https://jaxb.java.net/ suggests it is, unless that's something
else?

> Under certain restrictions, CDDL can be used:
> http://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html#category-b

as no-one opted out Android, it doesn't make sense to use plain Jaxb - only something like
Jasons version.

Taken from that link - the keyword "unmodified"
"For small amounts of source that is directly consumed by the ASF product at runtime in source
form,
and for which that source is unmodified and unlikely to be changed anyway (say, by virtue
of being specified by a standard),
inclusion of appropriately labeled source is also permitted."

If we decide to ignore Android, I'd like to use the jaxb-impl.jar instead on relying on the
jdk version -
e.g. prefix declaration via package-java didn't work on jdk6 without further manipulation
opposed to jdk7, where it works out of the box.

OT: I think the concept of source licenses in a world of cloud services is a relic
and if you make money out of open source, licenses are usually not an issue ...

Andi.