poi-dev mailing list archives

From "Allison, Timothy B." <talli...@mitre.org>
Subject RE: Beta time yet?
Date Wed, 30 Mar 2016 11:34:25 GMT
+1

I ran a comparison on ooxml before and after replacing the piccolo parser, and I didn't find
any new problems.  I did not do any memory profiling or rigorous time tests, though.

The overall run for 3.14-final took 10.3 hours summed across threads (actual wall clock was
< 1.5 hours).  The overall run for 3.15-beta1 took 11.9 hours summed across threads.  I'm
not willing to draw any firm conclusions from this...could be an artifact of what was going
on in other vms or something else.  This is not a rigorous test!

The only differences in exceptions were caused by Tika now identifying several files as xlsx
vs zip or ooxml...which I can't explain.

Reports are here:

https://github.com/tballison/share/blob/master/poi_comparisons/poix_3_15-beta1_reports.zip?raw=true

-----Original Message-----
From: Dominik Stadler [mailto:dominik.stadler@gmx.at]
Sent: Wednesday, March 30, 2016 7:05 AM
To: POI Developers List <dev@poi.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Beta time yet?

Hi,

I'm generally in favor of more releases to reduce the amount of time that people need to wait
for fixes, our unit-tests and other ways of testing should catch the majority of problems
quickly nowadays and if the next release is coming up soon anyway, a regression looses some
of it's horror as well...

Dominik.