poi-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Burch <n...@apache.org>
Subject Do we have any "beginner-friendly" tasks / todos / bugs?
Date Thu, 25 Feb 2016 23:22:33 GMT
Hi All

For those who haven't heard the announcement, a week or two ago the Apache
Community Development project[1] launched "Help Wanted"
 	https://helpwanted.apache.org/

The idea is to make it easy to match up people interested in contributing
somewhere to Apache, to projects that need their help

Now, you may ask, who are these people able to code but without their own
project-specific "itch" to scratch? On the whole, they're students, but
there are some people who use Open Source at work but aren't allowed to
contribute back in the day + to work-related projects at night, who are
still keen to give back. Either way, it's a fair sized pool of potential
new volunteers and helpers :)

So, that leads to the question - do we have any "beginner-friendly" tasks
/ todos / bugs? (Small-ish ones, this isn't for GSOC-sized tasks)

If so....

Committers - please head to https://helpwanted.apache.org/admin/ and list
a brief description of it plus a link to the bugzilla bug for it

Non-Committers - please reply to this email, with a brief description of
it plus a link to the bugzilla bug, and one of us will post it for you

This is a good chance to get your favourite small bug / issue / niggle /
example sorted/written/fixed, so dive in! :)

Nick

[1] https://community.apache.org