poi-dev mailing list archives

From Jon Iles <jon.i...@bcs.org.uk>
Subject Potential POI 3.13 performance regression
Date Tue, 10 Nov 2015 13:48:02 GMT
Hi,

I look after the MPXJ library which utilises POI. I started to update MPXJ
to use POI 3.13, however running the MPXJ unit tests seemed to show a
considerable performance regression from 3.12. I'm not aware that this has
been raised as an issue elsewhere, so I was going to dig into the problem a
little deeper myself to get an idea of what the cause might be.

I've been advised that one change which was made between 3.12 and 3.13 was
the move from OPOIFS to NPOIFS. I'm not familiar with the internals of POI,
and I'm wondering if it is possible to switch between these two
implementations in 3.13 to see if this helps to narrow down the cause of
the symptoms I'm seeing.

Thanks!

Jon