poi-dev mailing list archives

From Andreas Beeker <kiwiwi...@apache.org>
Subject DataFormatter vs. org.apache.poi.ss.format classes
Date Fri, 27 Nov 2015 00:53:00 GMT
Hi,

about 5-6 days ago, I just wanted to fix a few unnecessary cast, but now I'm in the middle
of cell formatting hell :)

Would it be ok, if DataFormatter delegates much of its logic to the org.apache.poi.ss.format
classes?

Currently, I'm struggling with CellNumberFormatter and noticed that the test in TestDataFormatter.testFractions
assume, that a lot of formatting details are skipped, whereas CellNumberFormatter try to
provide most corner cases.
Is there a reason for the simplified handling in DataFormatter or is it just legacy?

Andi