poi-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Burch <apa...@gagravarr.org>
Subject Re: Merging security schema to full schema
Date Thu, 29 Oct 2015 19:51:09 GMT
On Thu, 29 Oct 2015, David North wrote:
> In the 3.13 release, we had:
>
> poi-ooxml-schemas-3.13-20150929.jar at 5.4MB. This is the 'lite' JAR
> recommended for normal use, containing relevant parts of all supported
> formats + security.

Which isn't quite so lite as it once was... But yes!

> And if you wanted more, you used ooxml-schemas-1.1, which is
> versioned/released separately to POI and is currently 14.2MB. You might
> also use ooxml-security at a further 1.3MB

I think the bump from 14.2 to 15.5 is small enough that it'd be good to
roll the two together. That makes it much easier for people who suddenly
discover that poi-ooxml-schemas isn't enough to quickly switch to the full
one. Needing to add two jars seems fiddly and non-ideal to me

On Thu, 29 Oct 2015, kiwiwings wrote:
> In my point of view, the only reason to provide a new ooxml-schemas
> would be, when we finally switch to a newer edition. (see #56205 for
> that) It would make things a bit more clear, what's actually inside the
> ooxml-schemas. Of course, I still the prefer the 2nd suggestion - but
> that's a bit more todo, as the schemas rely on each other, e.g. PPT ->
> ODraw.

Version numbers are cheap! :)

We can always do a 1.5 if we pull some stuff back out, and a 2.0 if we rip
most of it out

Nick