poi-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Burch <apa...@gagravarr.org>
Subject Re: Maintenance of pull requests on GitHub
Date Mon, 26 Oct 2015 10:53:31 GMT
On Mon, 26 Oct 2015, David North wrote:
> How do I obtain powers to close request
> https://github.com/apache/poi/pull/24, given that I've put it into SVN?

Currently, you can't directly, see discussion on the infrastructure@ and
infrastructure-dev@ lists for details on the on-going work to get
fine-grained permissions syncing with github

In the mean time, you just need to follow the instructions from the email
sent to the dev list when the pull request is opened. That gives the magic
phrase to include in your commit message when you apply it, which will
cause the magic bot with "all the github permissions to everything ASF" to
go and close it for you

I can't link to the mail for #24, as that hasn't hit the archives yet, but
here's the link for #23 which is much the same:
https://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/poi-dev/201507.mbox/%3Cgit-pr-23-poi@git.apache.org%3E

Nick