poi-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Burch <apa...@gagravarr.org>
Subject Re: Minutes from discussion at ApacheCon Core Europe 2015
Date Sat, 03 Oct 2015 20:28:41 GMT
On Fri, 2 Oct 2015, Javen O'Neal wrote:
> I was thinking we should treat documentation artifacts like build
> artifacts: only version control the source, host the artifacts on a regular
> file server.
>
> Consider moving documentation build artifacts to non-version-controlled web
> server.

Currently, the only way to push files onto the main apache.org web servers
is via svn. Previously you could do it via ssh/scp, but that was removed
for various reasons (see the infra and infra-dev archives for full details
if you care!). Today, the only way is to commit to a suitable bit of svn,
which the web servers watch and fetch

Nick