poi-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Burch <apa...@gagravarr.org>
Subject Re: poi-ooxml-schemas-3.13-beta1.20150723.jar missing some classes
Date Fri, 25 Sep 2015 17:05:40 GMT
On Thu, 24 Sep 2015, Patrick Bakker wrote:
> I'd love to do write a simple unit test if I knew how that connected to
> anything.

The way we work out what classes to pull from the large ooxml-schemas and
ooxml-security jars, into the smaller poi-ooxml-schemaes jar, is by
running the full junit unit test suite and watching what parts were used.

So, if we add a unit test that explicitly uses the missing bits of the
schema, then those'll get automatically included in the next build of the
poi-ooxml-schemas jar

Also, the 3rd FAQ - http://poi.apache.org/faq.html#faq-N10025 - should
hopefully cover that, but let us know if you think of any improvements for
it!

> Similarly, I could try looking at ooxml-security schemas but where is
> that? I don't see it included in any of the binary builds or referenced
> from the website.

It should be listed in http://poi.apache.org/overview.html#components -
does that not cover you? Also, are there any places you would've expected
to find it that we can update the site with additional help text / links?

Additionally, as an FYI, there's likely to be an ooxml-visio-schemas jar
quite soon, as part of the XDGF contribution. Later, once stable, we'll
probably do a ooxml-schemas-1.2 jar that includes the visio + security
parts in it too, but that's all still up for debate

Thanks
Nick