poi-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Beardsley <markbrd...@tiscali.co.uk>
Subject Re: How to find all CellComments in XLS[X]
Date Thu, 03 Sep 2015 15:13:06 GMT
My only concern with allowing access to the CoomentsTable is the potential
for drastically breaking the workbook file. With a reference to the
CommentsTable in hand it would be possible to add new comments and remove
existing ones and I am concerned that the logic is not in place to deal with
all of the internal references necessary to link comments to rows etc.

What might make sense is to create a method that returns a List or array
containing the comments themselves. This would be read only, of course, and
protect the workbook from modifications that might otherwise break it.