poi-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Burch <apa...@gagravarr.org>
Subject Re: update website javadocs
Date Mon, 10 Aug 2015 06:40:34 GMT
On Mon, 10 Aug 2015, Dominik Stadler wrote:
> Sorry for the delay, I tried it and it seems to be similar for me, it
> seems the results hugely depend on the actual version of Java that is
> used. Do we have a "defined" version that we use?

I think some projects get round it by having one of the build machines
always do it. Others don't publish javadocs except during a release. Most
curse Sun/Oracle every time, for their failure to think about this sort of
thing in the javadoc spec/testing...

I'm using OpenJDK 1.7 on linux, seems fairly stable between machines.
(While POI is happy on 1.6, Tika has moved to 1.7, so I've changed my
default dev jvm. The javadoc tool on OpenJDK 1.7 seems quite a bit faster
than OpenJDK 1.6, which helps!)

Nick