poi-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Burch <apa...@gagravarr.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1682117 - /poi/site/src/documentation/content/xdocs/document/index.xml
Date Thu, 28 May 2015 11:21:25 GMT
On Thu, 28 May 2015, Andreas Beeker wrote:
> In the context of the jackcess-discussion, I'd even more prefer, if we
> split those components to separate jars having the X/H??F classes
> together.

It certainly used to be the case that some users didn't want the X##F
family of documents, and didn't want larger extra dependencies that they
needed, so they liked us keeping the split. With the "special" way that
Android does things like javax.xml, I believe that this could still be the
case for at least some of our users

I'm not saying we couldn't make that sort of change, just that we need to
be aware that historically that style of change was rejected based on
then-users feedback

Nick