poi-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Burch <apa...@gagravarr.org>
Subject Re: Proposed changes to class hierarchy of POITextExtractor
Date Tue, 12 May 2015 05:33:42 GMT
On Mon, 11 May 2015, Dominik Stadler wrote:
> I would like to fix this by moving the POIDocument member to the point
> in the class-hierarchy where it is actually used, POIOLE2TextExtractor
> to not pollute the classes under POIXMLTextExtractor with this.

Makes sense to me. I think we nearly did that back when we added the XML
support, so probably overdue!

> I propose to note this as "incompatible change" in the release notes of
> the next version.

Given the NPOIFS switch underway, and the removal of some deprecated
methods from that, seems a good time to do one or two other breaking
changes too!

> Any reason we should not do this change?

The only thing I can suggest trying is a search for non-POI
implementations of POITextExtractor on the internet, in posts and in
source repos. If you can't see evidence of any that we don't produce, it
should be a lot safer than if you find evidence of lots of people doing
their own

Thanks
Nick