poi-dev mailing list archives

From kiwiwings <kiwiwi...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1682117 - /poi/site/src/documentation/content/xdocs/document/index.xml
Date Thu, 28 May 2015 12:55:13 GMT
Nick Burch-2 wrote
> It certainly used to be the case that some users didn't want the X##F
> family of documents, and didn't want larger extra dependencies that they
> needed, so they liked us keeping the split. With the "special" way that
> Android does things like javax.xml, I believe that this could still be the
> case for at least some of our users

In the common_sl, I've started to use JAXB for parsing the predefined
geometry files. I guess - in the not so far future - the replacement of
xmlbeans by JAXB is another change, I'd like to introduce.
And having a component splitting, this change could be limited to (H/)XSLF
for a start.
This would probably reduce the schema-files and the format specific
classes would go into the component jar instead of the poi-ooxml -
of course there will ooxml binding classes which would be necessary
for all X##F components and the common poi-ooxml won't vanish.

Andi