poi-dev mailing list archives

From "Uwe Schindler" <...@thetaphi.de>
Subject RE: getting exception on XMLEventFactory.newFatory on using poi 3.11 API.
Date Thu, 08 Jan 2015 20:36:07 GMT
Hi,

In most cases this is caused by some outdated xml-apis.jar or stax-apis.jar, or some very
old instance of Xerces or other XML parsers in classpath. As Java 6+ has STAX APIs bundled,
putting them into the classpath or the ext/ directory of your JVM breaks things. Make sure
that you clean your classpath up! If you use Maven, exclude the useless dependencies on xml-apis.jar
or stax-apis.jar with an exclude. Also make sure you use latest versions of XML parsers.

Uwe

-----
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen