poi-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Burch <apa...@gagravarr.org>
Subject Re: Slide master and slide layout features for POI-XLSF
Date Tue, 09 Dec 2014 05:39:55 GMT
On Fri, 5 Dec 2014, Daniel James wrote:
> I’m hoping to get some feedback on developing some new features for
> POI-XLSF related to slide master and slide layouts.

Right now, I don't think any of the committers are actively adding new
features to XSLF. All improvements are driven by community contributions.
If you think a new feature is worth adding, and you're willing to put the
effort in, we'll be glad of the additoon :)

> What I’d like to do is first get the feedback of the project
> maintainers on whether (new and improved) patches for these features
> would in principle be welcome, and if so, some advice on how to go
> about doing that. I’ve read the contribution guidelines
> (http://poi.apache.org/guidelines.html), but any further direction
> would be most welcome.

As Dominik mentioned, smaller patches are easier to review and apply than
large ones. Bugzilla entries are a little easier for us to keep track of
than github pull requests, but but we can work with github requests quite
happily too. Given that you have a large patchset in git, using github PRs
might be simplest, as you could polish off some work then raise a PR for
that bit, then work on the next area and raise a PR etc

Nick