poi-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel James <daniel.ja...@pellucid.com>
Subject Slide master and slide layout features for POI-XLSF
Date Fri, 05 Dec 2014 16:44:07 GMT
Hi All,

I’m hoping to get some feedback on developing some new features for
POI-XLSF related to slide master and slide layouts.

A former colleague of mine forked POI on GitHub and shoehorned in some
code to enable the manipulation of slide masters and slide layouts:
https://github.com/apache/poi/pull/9

We have been using this to generate PPTX documents. The maintenance of
this and the larger feature in our codebase has fallen to me. It seems
pretty clear that the branch is not in a fit state to merge.

What I’d like to do is first get the feedback of the project
maintainers on whether (new and improved) patches for these features
would in principle be welcome, and if so, some advice on how to go
about doing that. I’ve read the contribution guidelines
(http://poi.apache.org/guidelines.html), but any further direction
would be most welcome.

Thanks,
Dan