poi-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Burch <apa...@gagravarr.org>
Subject Re: org.apache.poi.poifs.crypt.TestSignatureInfo failing on trunk on Java 6?
Date Thu, 06 Nov 2014 14:56:06 GMT
On Wed, 5 Nov 2014, Nick Burch wrote:
> On Thu, 6 Nov 2014, Andreas Beeker wrote:
>> another commit ... this is frustrating, as I'm trying to blindly fix
>> something ... maybe just add an @Ignore if it doesn't work again ... of
>> course this doesn't help much for people having the same issue and don't
>> know where the bug comes from ...

I've tweaked the assert, to see why it's failing, and I'm now gettng:

Testcase: testNonSha1 took 0.09 sec
         FAILED
Signature not correctly calculated for sha224
junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: Signature not correctly calculated
for sha224
         at
org.apache.poi.poifs.crypt.TestSignatureInfo.testNonSha1(TestSignatureInfo.java:473)

However, I also get another error when I run the test suite offline:

Testcase: testSignEnvelopingDocument took 0.179 sec
         FAILED
Only allowing ConnectException here, but had: java.lang.RuntimeException:
error while creating a time-stamp: timestamp.comodoca.com
junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: Only allowing ConnectException here,
but had: java.lang.RuntimeException: error while creating a time-stamp:
timestamp.comodoca.com
         at
org.apache.poi.poifs.crypt.TestSignatureInfo.testSignEnvelopingDocument(TestSignatureInfo.java:362)

Do we perhaps need a flag to enable / disable tests which need internet
connectivity to work? And/or can we maybe do without having to talk to a
remote time server to test with?

Nick