poi-dev mailing list archives

From "Allison, Timothy B." <talli...@mitre.org>
Subject RE: Last call for 3.11 beta 3!
Date Mon, 10 Nov 2014 17:14:37 GMT
Y, that's the culprit.  Changing to getXXXArray works.

Thank you!

-----Original Message-----
From: Dominik Stadler [mailto:dominik.stadler@gmx.at]
Sent: Sunday, November 09, 2014 7:10 AM
To: POI Developers List
Subject: Re: Last call for 3.11 beta 3!

I dug some more into this and I think I found out what happened:

The classes that you list as missing were still part in 3.10/3.10.1,
but missing in newer beta-releases.

Via "git bisect" I could identify the commit r1620997 "Bug 56854 -
XMLBeans performance when using getXXXList() and other proxy methods",
as part of this change we switched from using *List() methods to
*Array() methods in order to have better performance as the list
methods in XMLBeans are known to be slow.

So the removal of these classes is kind of "by design", as POI does
not use them internally any more.

The question is now how Tika should handle this? It may be able to
also switch to *Array methods to also use the better performing way,
otherwise we will need unit tests for all the missing items to get
them included again, but that looks a bit like a workaround/hack...

Dominik