poi-dev mailing list archives

From "Allison, Timothy B." <talli...@mitre.org>
Subject RE: Last call for 3.11 beta 3!
Date Fri, 07 Nov 2014 18:12:42 GMT
Thank you, Dominik.

+1 to failing early.

Thank you!  I thought of this earlier (based on the list discussion of org.apache.poi.poifs.crypt.TestSignatureInfo,
which I commented out for now).  I just rechecked, and I'm seeing very few inner classes in
the impl subdirectories:

Org.openxmlformats.schemas.*.x2006.*.impl.*

I do see CTFFDataImpl$1CheckBoxList.class, and I am seeing  inner classes above the impl directories.

Let me know if you are seeing something different.  I have no doubt that this might be user
error :).

Thank you, again!

         Best,

                 Tim

-----Original Message-----
From: Dominik Stadler [mailto:dominik.stadler@gmx.at]
Sent: Friday, November 07, 2014 12:33 PM
To: POI Developers List
Subject: Re: Last call for 3.11 beta 3!

Hi,

Did any tests fail when the "compile-ooxml-lite" ant-target was
executed? This is only visible in the build output as the build does
not stop if that happens and it might lead to missing classes, if the
tests do not get that far... I don't think there is a big chance that
this is the reason, but it's worth a check anyway.

We probably should fail the build when tests are failing inside
OOXMLLite, will likely cause a few more test failures, but will make
the resulting jars a tiny bit more predictable...

Dominik.

On Fri, Nov 7, 2014 at 4:37 PM, Allison, Timothy B. <tallison@mitre.org> wrote:
> Ummm...
>
> I tried to integrate beta3 into Tika, and I noticed that a handful of inner classes are
missing from the poi-ooxml-schemas.jar.   Did we change something in the building of the schemas
jar that would explain this?  Or did we remove tests or test files that used to exercise the
inner classes and therefore lead to their inclusion in the schemas jar?  Or, most likely,
did I botch something in the integration with Tika?

> Some examples:
> org/openxmlformats/schemas/officeDocument/x2006/main/impl/CTPropertiesImpl$1PropertyList
> org/openxmlformats/schemas/presentationml/x2006/main/impl/CTSlideIdListImpl$1SldIdList
> org/openxmlformats/schemas/wordprocessingml/x2006/main/impl/CTPImpl$1BookmarkStartList
>
> I was able to get the schemas jar builder to add in the first by adding an empty test:
> +
> +    public void testCustom2() throws Exception {
> +        OPCPackage pkg = OPCPackage.open(
> +                _ssSamples.openResourceAsStream("ExcelWithAttachments.xlsm")
> +        );
> +        XSSFWorkbook wb = new XSSFWorkbook(pkg);
> +        for (CTProperty prop : wb.getProperties().getCustomProperties().getUnderlyingProperties().getPropertyList(
                            )) {
>         //no-op
> +    }
>
> Do we need to do this kind of thing for the other missing inner classes?
>
> Thank you.
>
>        Best,
>
>                  Tim

has very few ooxml files, but it might be useful for the older formats.